1. RIGHT TO PRIVACY
At Select First Property Group Pty Ltd (ACN: 632 888 423), confidentiality and protection of privacy are very important to us. We understand the importance of protecting individuals' rights to privacy and that you may be concerned about the confidentiality of information that you provide to us.
In handling your personal information, we are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH) and are required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in that act.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is any information about you, from which you can be identified. We may collect your name, address, postcode, email address, date of birth, gender, employment, telephone number, property details, payment details and proof of identity such as your driver licence or passport number. We may collect additional personal information from you from time to time.
Personal information we collect about you may also include credit-related personal information. Credit-related information is information used and disclosed to assess your creditworthiness, assess your application for finance and manage that finance. The types of credit-related personal information that we collect about you may include your credit liability information, repayment history information, the type and amount of finance you are applying for, court proceedings, insolvency actions and credit worthiness.
We generally do not collect sensitive information about you, unless you provide it to us voluntarily. You consent to us collecting sensitive information which you provide to us voluntarily. If we need to collect any sensitive information for a specific purpose, we will ask for your consent.
We collect your personal information to provide you with the best possible service. We collect personal information when you:
- Request us to provide our products and services or information about our products and services, including sales, and leasing;
- Contact us to make an enquiry about our listed properties or our products and services, including online, over the phone or in person;
- Subscribe to communications from us such as updates or newsletters;
- Tell us about your preferences when making an enquiry or using our products and services;
- Contact us to provide feedback, comments or suggestions on our functions and activities or complete one of our surveys;
- Interact or engage with us through our websites or social media platforms;
- Attend property inspections or visit our offices;
- Apply for a job with us or become an employee, or become a supplier or contractor that provide a product or service to Select First Property Group Pty Ltd.
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we may collect information about you from other people or organisations. We may combine this information with information we already have about you to help us understand trends, attributes, behaviour and preferences. Where we receive information about you indirectly from service providers, we require that the service provider has collected and disclosed that information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so that we can perform our functions and activities and provide the best possible customer service. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact you and follow up after your attendance at open homes;
- to provide you with information about properties for sale and/or rent;
- to provide you with information about the services we offer as real estate agents or other services Select First Property Group Pty Ltd may now or in the future provide;
- to provide you with information that we consider may be of interest to you, including newsletters and market updates;
- in the case of a purchase or sale by you, liaising with yours and the other parties legal and financial advisors/brokers, including but not limited to disclosing particulars of the sale/purchase;
- to disclose your information to third parties that we engage to perform administrative or other services for our business, the third parties will be subject to confidentiality obligations and will be only able to access your information for the purposes in which you supplied it;
- to assess the performance of our websites and improve the operation of the websites
- to conduct research about your interests and attitudes towards our products and services to improve our products and services, marketing activities and customer experience;
- to maintain records and comply with our legal obligations.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Select First Property Group Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information within Select First Property Group Pty Ltd including with, employees, agents, brokers and contractors.
We will not, without your prior consent, disclose your information to third parties in Australia or overseas, including but not limited to marketing companies except as set out in this policy. If our company or business is bought by someone else, we may share personal information with the buyer, but they must still comply with this policy, subject to any amendments they may subsequently make. We may also disclose your personal information if you give us your consent or if the disclosure is required by law. We will store your information indefinitely unless you request us to delete your information.
Select First Property Group Pty Ltd never sells or monetises your personal information.
5. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Select First Property Group Pty Ltd holds your personal information both electronically, on our own servers and those of our service providers, and in hard copy, secured away in our office.
We implement a range of technical, administrative, personnel and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and misuse, including using electronic and physical access restrictions to files containing personal information and ensuring encryption of personal information sent and received.
6. DIRECT MARKETING
Select First Property Group Pty Ltd may, from time to time, send direct marketing communications to you about us and our products and services, our property listings and other material that we consider you would find interesting or useful. If you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications, you can always opt-out. If you are receiving email or SMS Text communications from us, there will be a mechanism to opt-out contained in each of those emails. To stop receiving other communications from us, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
If you choose to opt-out of all direct marketing communications, please note that Select First Property Group Pty Ltd may still contact you for other reasonable purposes, including information that Select First Property Group Pty Ltd is legally required to send, notifications of changes to Select First Property Group Pty Ltd products and services or policies.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8. CORRECTION & ACTION TO INFORMATION
You have a right to access the personal information we collect and hold about you. If at any time you would like to access or change your details, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact Select First Property Group Pty Ltd on 0408 203 512 or via email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
In most cases, a summary of your personal information, such as your name and contact details, is available for no fee.
9. PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
10. CONTACT DETAILS
Email: email@example.com Phone: 0408 203 512 Address: 512 / 12 Century Circuit, Baulkham Hills, 2153